Sunday 5 June 2016

VIXX "Dynamite" MV Review | Dying For Drama

Annyeong!

I know I'm late as fuck to the "Dynamite" party but with BTS's album I'd kind of forgotten about all the other groups I listen to - oops.


I had actually listened to Dynamite on the day it came out, but, like previously mentioned, I'd totally forgotten about it and only just remembered that "oh yeah, VIXX are a thing, should probably listen to their comeback in a bit more detail, shouldn't I' - so that's what I did, and I'm going to review it for you guys now.

I'm not going to lie to you guys, after I listened to the song, I was disappointed. It's basically a bland, disco/pop fusion that every k-pop boy band is doing recently and I was disappointed since I liked a lot of what VIXX had previously released (Voodoo Doll, Chained Up and Error, to name a few), and to see them release this kind of bland, same-as-everyone-else kind of thing was thoroughly anti-climatic.
Also, I found the composition of the song was really messy. There wasn't much order to it and I feel like the voice and backing was layered really clumsily. I mean, it's catchy enough, but not enough for me to put it on my phone.

About the MV, well, it's enough to give you an epileptic fit. I don't even think I'd be able to explain it for you guys like I usually do. What's with all the jump cuts, boys?! I was dizzy by the end! In all seriousness, despite the fact that, yeah, it was quite pretty, there was just too much crammed in, as if they were trying to get their money's worth.
I was also disappointed that it was a box MV. WHy?! I always loved VIXX for their interesting MVs, that actually had stories or something to look at, where as this one was either choreo, them looking pretty or colourful things exploding.

I'd like to take a second to express my discontent as Hongbin's new haircut. He was so much hotter with long hair, and now there's nothing for me to stare at anymore and that makes me very sad (LOL says the lesbian).

I'm giving this MV 1 kimchi out of 5 - a sad day indeed for both VIXX and Dying For Drama.

What did you think of Dynamite?

Also, I'm in no way trying to bash VIXX with my comments on this post. These are just my views so trolls and saesang/trolls please take your business elsewhere.

Fighting!
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment